Sworn Police Officer (Reserve)
Our reserve Police Officers fill several roles within the department. The majority of our Reserve Police Officers are members of our Patrol Division, volunteering at least 24 hours a month patrolling Southport, responding to calls for help, and being an active part of the community. We accept lateral transfers (Officers who have already been through the academy), and those who are just starting their journey in law enforcement.
**Applications to be a part of the 2020 Southport Police Academy are now closed. We encourage you to still apply if you are a lateral transfer (current police officer), or to be considered for our 2021 academy class.**
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS CAN BE SAVED AND FINISHED AT A LATER TIME. SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE APPLICATION AND SELECT SAVE.
1. Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age at time of application.
2. Must be a high School graduate or have a GED.
3. Must be a citizen of the United States of America prior to the date of making application.
4. Must have and maintain a valid, non-suspended, non-expired, non-conditional, non-revoked Driver’s License.
5. Must notify Southport Police Department of any changes to your address, phone number.
6. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job of patrol officer in a safe manner with or without a reasonable accommodation.
7. Must not have been found guilty of a felony in any Court which has not been annulled, expunged or sealed by a court.
Click Here For Fitness Requirements and General Duties
All of the following documents MUST be included with this application for consideration.
1. Birth Certificate
2. High School Diploma or equivalent and transcripts
3. College or University Degree Transcript (if applicable)
4. DD214 (member 4 copy) and Citations (for those applicants with military background).
5. Law Enforcement Academy Graduation Certificate and Training Records (if applicable)
6. Copy of Driver’s License (front and back)
7. Copy of Social Security Card
8. Any Court Order requesting name change (if applicable)
9. Two (2) recent facial photographs
10. Current Resume
NO APPLICATION WIL BE CONSIDERED UNLESS ALL THE ABOVE ITEMS ARE INCLUDED WITH THE APPLICATION DIRECTIONS
1. Read each question carefully before answering.
2. Be certain that each question is answered COMPLETELY and CORRECTLY. If a question does not apply to you, write “N/A” (not applicable) in the space. Leave no blank spaces.
The information requested on this questionnaire will be viewed by those who will be considering your application for employment with the Southport Police Department. An extensive background investigation will be conducted into your personal history.
Any FALSE, MISLEADING or INCOMPLETE information substituted as accurate information will be grounds to disqualify you from further consideration in the application process with the Southport Police Department.
I confirm that I have read and understand the above and that all statements and documents presented to the Southport Police Department are true, correct, and complete and made in good faith.
Please login or signup to continue!